Charlotte graduated from the University of Manchester in 2010 with a law degree and then returned to her native North East where she obtained a Diploma in Legal Practice with Distinction in 2011 Northumbria University. She also combined a distance-learning course with her employment at Collingwood Legal and obtained a Masters in Advanced Legal Practice with Commendation in 2014 through the university.
Charlotte initially joined Collingwood Legal as a Paralegal in December 2011 to support the firm's team of specialist lawyers before undertaking the firm's first training contract. Following two years' of training she qualified in May 2015 and plans to continue developing her specialist employment law knowledge. In her role she has experience of:
- Drafting tribunal pleadings and witness statements;
- Advising in respect of and representing clients at Tribunal;
- Drafting and reviewing contracts, policies and procedures;
- Providing support to individuals and business in respect of disciplinary, grievance and performance procedures including preparing guidance notes for meetings and drafting correspondence;
- Advising employees in respect of settlement agreements;
- Preparing and presenting training on a range of employment law issues, including employment tribunal procedure; and
- Contributing to articles and newsletters produced by the firm.